Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Solitude


Well the day finally came...my last day of selling commercial printing! Friday was my last day at work. As I drove away and merged onto 52 West the past three years started running through my head- how I ended up selling commerical printing and thankful I landed at Stratton. The drives I used to make to Irvine, sitting in traffic for three hours on Fridays, not getting paid on time, my back and face breaking out because of the stress of it all. I remember thinking...I have a college degree...what am I doing?! Looking back I see God had His hand in it all. If I wouldn't have taken the job in Irvine, I wouldn't have ended up at Stratton where I learned so much about marketing, print, design and most importantly, my passion for publishing.

My boss let me go a week earlier than planned, but surprised me by giving me my paid two week vacation. It was certainly God showing me once again...Hang in there Emily- I will bring good from all of this...keep listening...I will show you the way. So here I am typing a blog on a Tuesday morning at 8 am. All I have planned today is lying by the pool, reading a book- by the way... Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert http://www.amazon.com/ is a perfect read for me at this time. I highly recommend it for any one going through change- having lunch with a friend, and then going to the gym for Cardio Muscle. Yesterday, (my first day not having to go into the office...the first time in four years) driving around Del Mar and La Jolla I noticed all the beautiful things by the ocean- the trees, the way the tide is right on time, the flowers, the fresh sea breeze, the cliffs...I could go on and on...while enjoying all these moments, it hit me...God you are so good! You gave me two weeks of alone time. Time to spend with you in harmony, so you can fully prepare me for what is to come with the move. I am so thankful for this time. I will cherish each day. Thank you for blessing me with the amazing San Diego experience- it has changed me and through it you have changed me. Looking at life through your eyes and not my own.

No comments: